These pretty little flapjack cups are a healthy(ish) tasty little snack if you fancy something sweet and chocolatey but you’re also trying to be good. They are also so easily made vegan by simply swapping the white and milk chocolate to dark chocolate, and of course the fancy little flower sprinkles (which I love a little too much and put on nearly everything I bake) are very optional.
- 100g oats
- 3 heaped tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 2 heaped tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 75g dried cranberries
- 100g white chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Optional: sprinkles, desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200°C electric or 180°C fan oven and line a cake/muffin tin with 12 little cupcake cases.
- In a pan over a low to medium heat, heat up the peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil until they are all melted and stirred together.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oats, desiccated coconut and the dried cranberries then pour over the melted peanut/coconut oil mix.
- Mix everything together until it is all perfectly combined then spoon the mixture into each of the little cupcake cases until all the mixture is gone.
- Press the flapjack mix down into the cases so it is nice and compact.
- Place on the middle shelf of the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 mins until the flapjacks are starting to brown a little and look golden.
- Once baked remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Next heat the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water with 1 tbsp. coconut oil until it is completely melted.
- Pour over half of the flapjack cups and place in the fridge to set.
- Repeat with the milk chocolate and 1 tbsp. coconut oil and pour over the other flapjack cups and again place in the fridge to set.
- If you are decorating and adding toppings like me, make sure to do this when the chocolate is half set otherwise they wont stick.
Recipe based on this one here by My Fussy Eater :).