Another chocolate and peanut butter bake… because this combo really is a match made in heaven! With added chocolate peanuts for some crunch and marshmallows for some soft gooeyness and extra sweetness…
For this chocolate peanut butter cup I used a slightly smaller baking tin (11cm) as it formed the perfect sized bake for me to give as a little gift to one of my friends who ❤’s peanut butter. As I had to make it gluten free I decided not to use biscuits as you would in a standard rocky road bake and instead I added more chocolate. This makes it soft and melt in your mouth and if you try it it’s going to be the nicest roacky road/peanut butter cup you have ever had (quote from my friend- thanks Ashleigh 😙 ).
PLUS it is so easy to make!
- 150g milk chocolate
- 3 tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. golden syrup
- 40g chocolate covered peanuts
- 7 large marshmallows chopped up (can use mini ones but I always think large ones taste nicer)
- Line a 11cm cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place a bowl over a pan of simmering water, add the peanut butter, 90g of the milk chocolate and the golden syrup and leave to melt, stirring occasionally until it has all melted and been mixed together.
- Once melted leave to cool on the side for about 1-2 mins.
- Once the chocolate peanut butter mix has cooled a tiny bit, add the chocolate peanuts and the chopped up marshmallows into the bowl and stir so everything is mixed together- if you can only find mini marshmallows that’s fine, it probably creates less mess than trying to cut up the large ones, just the large ones tend to be more soft and gooey which I think is nice.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin and pat it down with the back of a spoon until it is all neat and evenly spread.
- Place this in the fridge and leave to set- this will take a couple of hours.
- Once everything has set melt the remaining chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Pour this melted chocolate onto the peanut buttercup/rocky road layer and leave on the side to slightly set for 15-20 mins.
- When the chocolate has slightly set, but is still sticky, decorate is however you like! I added sugar pearl sprinkles, flower sprinkles, sea salt and chocolate peanuts.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to fully set for another hour.
- Give as a gift or enjoy for yourself!